Hi Artem,

  well, I fear that I am not able to do what I need without installing a
world of packages.

  Here is the latest output I get:

---------
fabrizio@nbbbrrepro2 16:22:49 ~/Park/JavaSRM/srmclient>bin/srmcp
file:////bin/sh srm://nbbbrrepro2:8443//dir1/dir2/sh-copy

org.globus.gsi.GlobusCredentialException: Proxy file
(/home/fabrizio/k5-ca-proxy.pem) not found.
         at org.globus.gsi.GlobusCredential.<init>(GlobusCredential.java:93)
         at
org.dcache.srm.security.SslGsiSocketFactory.createUserCredential(SslGsiSocketFactory.java:305)
         at
org.dcache.srm.security.SslGsiSocketFactory.createUserCredential(SslGsiSocketFactory.java:351)
         at gov.fnal.srm.util.SRMClient.getGssCredential(SRMClient.java:255)
         at gov.fnal.srm.util.SRMClient.connect(SRMClient.java:203)
         at gov.fnal.srm.util.SRMPutClient.connect(SRMPutClient.java:152)
         at gov.fnal.srm.util.SRMDispatcher.work(SRMDispatcher.java:436)
         at gov.fnal.srm.util.SRMDispatcher.main(SRMDispatcher.java:200)
srm client error: org.globus.gsi.GlobusCredentialException: Proxy file
(/home/fabrizio/k5-ca-proxy.pem) not found.
---------

  Is there any easy way to avoid all this? Since I am not interested in
testing the authentication stuff, cannot I send formatted get/put
requests to the server?

  Fabrizio