Dear Troublemaker,

I don't know if there is an official plan, but the reality is clear. Every site will retain control over the exact details at that site. Every grid user can decide for himself if he wants to run there. Except for the word grid, it is not very different from BaBar practice. In the case of ATLAS, there are two branches as discussed in our earlier meeting. The ATLAS production team runs validation jobs before that can go. The SLAC ATLAS group checks its releases installations before declaring them to be ready.

Back to the original email. BNL can choose to test whatever they want. I was not suggesting we should or should not do that. It was purely informational. Cheers.

					Charlie
--
Charles C. Young
M.S. 43, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center