Hi Sheila,

	the number of entries is (in the standard package) the number of
selected events. This means at least a good best B candiate and a lepton
candidate. Maybe the lepton candidate must exceed 1 GeV in momentum. But
the number of entries should be below or equal the number of events in the
tcl file. So I guess there is something wrong. How is the rest looking?

Cheers,

	Wolfgang

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Sheila Mclachlin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I produced a bunch of ntuples VubRecoilUser ntuples
> with 30000 events, using the tcl files made with
>
> BbkDatasetTcl -ds dataset -tcl 30000 --splitruns
>
> Then I take an ntuple and look at it in root:
>
> root [31] TFile f("data/SP-1235-BSemiExcl-R18b-1.root");
> root [32] ntp1->GetEntries()
> (const Long64_t)2574210
>
> That is much more than 30000 entries.
>
> Obviously the number of entries is not the same
> as the number of events.  So what does the number of
> entries tell me?
>
> Thanks,
>
> sheila

Wolfgang Menges
Queen Mary, University of London                 SLAC, MS 35
Mile End Road                                    2575 Sand Hill Road
London, E1 4NS, UK                               Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
++44 20 7882 3753                                ++1 650 926 8503