Hi all,

	here are a few plots for the PID systematics. Unfortunatly they
only show that everything is in place but not perfectly working. It is a
status report.

Electrons: http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~menges/Vub/PID/r14b.2/PidLHElectronSelector_details.html
Muons: http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~menges/Vub/PID/r14b.2/TightMuonMicroSelection_details.html
Kaons: http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~menges/Vub/PID/r14b.2/TightKaonMicroSelection_details.html

For our purpose (comapring the efficiencies in the PID control sample and
our signal) only the plots under a) are interesting. These are the
standard PID efficiency plots. The labels are not updated. All is MC, data
means PID control sample, MC means Vub/Vcb signal.

The third pot in a row is the most interesting one, it shows the ratio of
efficiencies, which (as we expected) should be around 1. This is not the
case at all.

There are two things to notice:

For all three selectors (e, m, k) the efficiency in our signal is below
from what is expected from the PID control samples.

The distributions for electrons and muons for the PID control samples do
not really look what you would expect from the official PID webpages.

Clearly there is something wrong. We can discuss this today and maybe
somebody has a good idea.

Cheers,

	Wolfgang

Wolfgang Menges
Queen Mary, University of London                 SLAC, MS 35
Mile End Road                                    2575 Sand Hill Road
London, E1 4NS, UK                               Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
++44 20 7882 3753                                ++1 650 926 8503