  Hi Martin,

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 05:53:03PM +0100, Martin Radicke wrote:
> The reason why I'am asking all this is that we are working on a xrootd
> mover in dCache. Currently, the client connects first to a known xrootd
> door which then causes the redirect towards a xrootd mover, from where
> the file transfer is performed. The current prototype works
> rudimentarily with TXNetFile, but passing opaque data along the
> kxr_redirect would be a great help for better syncronization between
> door and mover.

  Great!

  By what mechanism is the server to which the client will be redirected
determined? What type of information do you intended to pass? (Sorry if
I missed this earlier in this thread.)

> For those who are going to be in Mumbai, Patrick and Tigran will talk
> about this for sure.

  They will talk about this to us? Andy, Fabrizio, Gerri and I will all
be there, I think.

                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland