Hello Artem

I don't now for sure but the 'xrd' tool should do the prepare.
I must admit I didn't use the xrd yet, but it is still on my to-test list.

The prepare should work. At some moment I saw a problem that the first '/'
of the fist path specified got lost but I didn't see it in recent versions.

This might not apply for you but if you have two redirectors the prepare
command will use a different algorithms to choose the olbd compared to
opening file . If you open a file after a prepare has been issued the
client will be still delayed for 5s because the olb has to find the file
first. This has been fixed in the recent xrootd version.

Cheers,
   Wilko