Hi, Derek!

> > I can't quite see how the setup with one master aviolates security. Yuo
> > secure pool is still protected by a firewall from certian clients. Master
> > only tell a client which pool to use.
>
> This setup sounds fine to me (except that it leaves the server open to denial
> of service attacks from outside, if one is worried about such things. This
> could degrade the service for internal jobs quite a bit, if lots of requests
> for nonexistent files are made, or even worse, if staging on servers is
> triggered).

Yes, this is true.. Frankly speaking, setup with two masters serving
'open' and 'closed' pools is also fine with me, I only hope that this can
be easily supported by AliEn. ..

> About the ALICE stuff:

> The TokenAuthz module implements authorization, not authentication. It needs

I very much like you model, since it really saves xrootd. :)

> we would be forced to run it on both redirectors and leaf nodes (awful).

Could you please explain a bit more, since this contradicts to Andy's
answer. I.e. what will happen if Alien client carrying authz token comes
to a server w/o AliEn authz lib?

Artem.