Hi Pete,

>>The reason why I'am asking all this is that we are working on a xrootd
>>mover in dCache. Currently, the client connects first to a known xrootd
>>door which then causes the redirect towards a xrootd mover, from where
>>the file transfer is performed. The current prototype works
>>rudimentarily with TXNetFile, but passing opaque data along the
>>kxr_redirect would be a great help for better syncronization between
>>door and mover.
>

>   Great!
>
>   By what mechanism is the server to which the client will be redirected
> determined? What type of information do you intended to pass? (Sorry if
> I missed this earlier in this thread.)

The Poolmanager inside dCache selects the best data pool (which causes
that pool to create a xrootd-enabled mover instance for that specific
file transfer). Passing some piece of information(e.g. the pnfsid)
during the redirect would allow the mover to verify the client request.

Best regards,
Martin