Hi Fabrizio,

> - We have two strings that can be passed by a kxr_redirect:
>   - a "login" token which will be passed to the dest server in the login
> phase and then cleared
Correct.

>   - an "open" opaque info which will be passed to the dest server in the
> open phase. This is not cleared, but can be overwritten by a subsequent
> kxr_redirect.
Almost correct. That token goes with the particular file being opened. So
the token should be resnt on a subsequent open of that particular file
(e.g., when reconnecting to a data server after a failure). The token should
be cleared when going back to the redirector as the redirector does not need
to see the token. So, "open" tokens are always handed out relative to a
particular file and stay with that file until a new token is provided. A new
token can only be provided by the redirector.

>> Now, the redirector does not supply an opaque token the will that be
>> taken
>> as "no token" to pass?
>  Argh, I do not understand... Please translate!
What I meant to say is that if the "open" token is cleared when going back
to the redirector then it stays cleared if the redirector provides no token.
You would have to go out of your way to make it work otherwise.

Does that explain things?

Andy