Hi Artem,

> I am looking for the following scheme - when authentification is done by
> the master, and there is no authentification on slaves. Is this going to
> work? The use case is : we want to have unifirmly configured xrootd
> clusters, but some experiments (let's not laugh at them) want to have
> authentification.
You can arrange for this to be the case. Simply don't configure the servers
for authentication. Though the "normal" way is to not do the authentication
on the redirector but only on the server. O would strongly recommend that
you *not* configure it this way if the servers have write capability. My
experience has been that many experiuments just do away with authentication
for read/only servers as it's just a nuisance. Can't really quibble with
that.

> Couple of more question, now on Alice authentificaton. I remember someone
> said,that Alice authentification is alreadypackaged and distributed with
> xrootd, but I didn't find any docs on how to use it. More over, it seems
> that Alice auth plugin is specified as fslib, not as seclib. So, see again
> the frirst question - is this going to work, if master has one fslib
> plugin, but slaves have different? And if I don't trust your responce :) ,
> is there some doc on how to use Alice uathentification?
> (I hope all relevant Alice people are on this list)
Fons and Gerri are best at addressing this.

Andy