Hi all,

  just to be sure...

  Since I am rewriting some stuff dealing with the read request in
XrdClient (mainly to put the new cahcing/readahead policies), I'd like
to eliminate the parameter GOASYNC from XrdClient. I.e., the default and
only internal communication modality will be the async one (as it is now
by default... nothing to do with server side async responses etc.)

  It was introduced a long time ago due to a bug in PBS, which did not
support threads. Now I'd like to get rid of that option and of all the
nested if's that it causes.

  My question is: Is somebody doing anything (with the client, of
course)  which for some reason desperately needs that option ?

  Fabrizio