Hi Antonio,

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Antonio Petrella wrote:

> Hi Heiko,
>

> > 1) What is the difference between Thorsten's signal function you have
> >    used in your fits documented at April 4th compared with what is
> >    used now?
>
> The difference is that in the latest fit on data (the one posted on 19th
> of April) I have fixed the Crystal ball parameters with ones found
> fitting combinatorial background, and signal pdf's parameters with ones
> found fitting signal MC (except the parameters related to the angular
> point, which you suggested to float), while the fit on data posted on
> 4th of April was an attempt to use the new signal pdf with all
> parameters free to float.
I think we need to fix the combinatorial BG parameters on MC.
However, it would be interesting to see if the fit works out
when letting all signal parameters to float.

BTW: It is maybe not a real surprise that, when fixing all signal
     parameters on MC, that thefit does not work so well on data.
     For lower purity it would be a surprise if the different purity
     classes are populated in the same way in data and MC.
     One could reweight the MC on the tag side with data such that
     one gets the same population in the different purity classes.
     Given the tight time schedule this is not possible and we need
     to find a reasonably working fit configuration.

Cheers,
Heiko