  Hi All,

  There is now a new development version: xrootd 20060414-1334. Relative to
the previous release (20060307-0546) the changes include:

   o Changes to make the obld used the xrd protocol mechanism
   o Changes for asynchronous reads
   o The client now builds on Windows (Betrand Bellenot)
   o plus lots of smaller fixes and updates from Fabrizio, Gerri, Derek,
     and Andy, too numerous to list here: see History below.

Please start testing this and post any feedback... This should be a
candidate build for inclusion in the ROOT build this coming week. If
we find anything that can be fixed easily I can make another build in
the next days. (I already see that I accidentally left the kerberos libraries
out, since I had done that to make things build for the RH73 build for RAL.)

  For the full set of changes and links to rpms/tarballs to download see the
the xrootd web page and/or version history:

   http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu
   http://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu/xrootd.History

Let us know if there are problems.

                                 thanks,
                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland