  Hi Andreas,

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 07:07:13PM +0200, Andreas Petzold wrote:
> after un-tarring the source, ./configure dies with the following error when
> used OOTB:
>
> $ ./configure
> configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in . ./.. ./../..
>
> I really don't know, why it expects install.sh to be found in one of these
> directories. But anyway, after running
>
> libtoolize --copy --force
> aclocal
> automake -acf
> autoconf
>
> (maybe not all the steps are necessary)
>
> ./configure runs successfully. Is this the intended behavior?

  Derek can probably respond as to the current state of the autotools
support. We have still been using "./configure.classic" for most things,
but are planning to move to default use of the autotools stuff after
the production build goes out (probably the one I built today, although
not yet announced).

  BTW, is this for FZK use for BaBar? I thought you guys were using the
standard rpms or binary tarballs. Do you normally rebuild it yourself?

                                   Pete

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland