I have been doing a lot of benchmarking of xrootd using memory mapped
files, e.g. no disk I/O. Mostly I have focused on latency as opposed to
bandwidth, but I can show you a bandwidth result using multiple clients.
All the machines in this test are using GigE. The test uses a single
xrootd server and up to 40 clients.

Basically, the bandwidth depends on the client blocksize with the
network being the bottleneck with as few as 5 clients at the larger
blocksizes. At the smaller blocksizes, the xrootd server bottlenecks
on the CPU. Since the test is not doing any disk I/O, it shows the
peak capability of the xrootd server.

I've attached two plots, one showing the aggregate bandwidth, and the
other the average client bandwidth.
--Bill Weeks