Ah, another thing.
I committed an experimental but working (I hope!) version of the new
xfer/caching algorithm. It would be very very nice to have some feedback
about its performance, since one of its sub-products (together with the
concurrent xfers) is that the requests are almost sorted. I wonder if
this would increase or decrease the performance in your case.

BTW: what is your case? Histograms from ROOT files? Reconstruction?
Analysis?

Fabrizio