Dear Colleagues,
 Please take note of the following meeting. This is an excellent
way of getting involved with the outreach that will be needed to
make this project happen.
Norman Graf

ILC Communications Workshop -- Vancouver  July, 2006
  The LCSGA Communications Committee is planning a half-day workshop
for the afternoon of July 18, 2006 in conjunction with the Vancouver
Linear Collider Workshop (VLWC http://vlcw06.triumf.ca/).
The goal of this workshop is to train an "ILC communications squad"
to give talks to scientific (both HEP and non-HEP) audiences.
Interest in the ILC is growing quickly.  Barry Barish cannot satisfy
all the requests he gets for colloquia and seminars.  We need to
continue to build a consensus for the ILC both inside and outside the
HEP community.  The aim of this workshop is to provide participants
with the tools they will need to put together a good ILC colloquium
as well as to provide them with material, strategies and means to
keep these up to date.
  The session will start with an introduction explaining why this is
necessary, our target audiences and how we identified likely
participants. This would be followed by a discussion of the different
levels of ILC talk we imagine might be given.  Their target audiences
would range from non-ILC high energy physicists, to non-HEP physicists
and even to the general public.  There are a variety of resources that
have been produced over the last year (Discovering the Quantum Universe,
the ILC/LHC physics comparison, the EPP2010 report, etc.)
Following the two or three talks outlined above we plan to break into
smaller discussion groups brainstorming for ideas, examples (that
could be gathered together on a central website) and counter-examples
(what not to do when spreading the ILC message).  The workshop would
conclude with reports from these working groups.
  We hope you will be able to join us at this workshop the day before
the VLWC meeting this summer.
LCSGA Communication Committee
Jonathan Bagger
Jim Brau