Hi Antonio,

	this looks quite fine. I have a few comments.

 - the base line fit uses mes above 5.22 GeV.
 - can you change the argus line to blue
 - the label for all should be signal+all background
 - can you move the legend it bit up

 - two things to discuss:

	- how many bins should we use
        - should we add the signal PDF also?

And two question:

 - is this plot done for the new selection?
 - why does the fit on all semileptonic events for 100 bins so bad?

Cheers,

	Wolfgang

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Antonio Petrella wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have produced plots for page 13 of BAD (fit to the mES distribution
> with high momemntum lepton).
>
> I've used the reduced data rootples applying this cut
>
> (nle > 0) && (tlab<2.37) && (tlab>0.36) && (plab>0.5) && rCh &&
>   intpur>0.) && pcms > 1.
>
> (probably unnecessary: are the reduced ntuples already produced with
> this cut??)
> Also fit to distribution after All Cut Selection has been performed.
>
> You can have a look at the plots here:
>
> http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~petrella/mesfits/pag13_fig4_132bins.eps
> http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~petrella/mesfits/pag13_fig4_allcuts_132bins.eps
>
> The number of events is different respect to the old plot since the
> binning is different. I have divided the mes range in 132 bins, while
> the old distribution had 100 bins. I've also made the same plots for a
> 100 bins mES distribution:
>
> http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~petrella/mesfits/pag13_fig4_100bins.eps
> http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~petrella/mesfits/pag13_fig4_allcuts_100bins.eps
>

> Antonio

Wolfgang Menges
Queen Mary, University of London                 SLAC, MS 35
Mile End Road                                    2575 Sand Hill Road
London, E1 4NS, UK                               Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
++44 20 7882 3753                                ++1 650 926 8503