Hi Concezio,

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Concezio Bozzi wrote:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> technically speaking, I think that the pstarsample dataset, already
> implemented in VVF by Roberto, does what you need. That dataset contains
> vcb and vub events from the same ntuples (generic MC), and the vub
> events are reweighted as usual, except the magic k factors which are
> used to normalize generic MC and signal MC to the same luminosity. So if
> you compute the pstarfactor from the pstarsample you should be done.

Well, yes, I am looking at Roberto's code, but there was at least one bug,
and then the problem of non-resonant reweigting. It is the generic sample,
and this is already weighted at production time. If you just reweight it
again, that is clearly wrong.

I thought the magic k factor is only needed to normalise the resonant
signal MC sample to the non-resonant signal MC sample.

Cheers,

	Wolfgang