Hi Jochen,

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Jochen Dingfelder wrote:

> Hi Heiko,
>
> > > rholnu    -> BABAR Phys .Rev. D72, 051102 (2005)
> > Why only BABAR? (Well, I know the answer in part: Averaging the various
> > B-->rholnu measurements is quite painful and HFAG has not started to work
> > on it yet.)
> > In addition, there is also a B+-> rho0 l+ nu from Belle. In principle,
> > one should average them using isospin symmetry...
>
> yes, an average of BaBar&Belle&Cleo would of course be best (the
> superseded BaBar publication from 2003 can be left out since it's
> less sensitive). As there is no average available yet (or are there plans
> to make one for HFAG, Heiko or Francesca?), I think the second best
It has been already discussed. I'm not sure that we will make it
very soon. In any case, an average needs a bit of work.

> choice is just using the latest BaBar result. One would improve
> the uncertainty by combining with Belle, but the central values
> are all very close to each other and I don't think it's one of your
It would not only mean averaging with Belle for the neutral B but
also for the charged B decay and taking into account isospin.

Scaling BABAR neutral B to charged B results in (1.15+-0.33)10^-4.
Belle measured for B+ -> rho0lnu:               (1.39+-0.29)10^-4.

> dominant systematics, is it?.
The exclusive BF's result in a 3% systematic error for Mx-Q2.
We don't know for mX or Pplus. So it's not large but one out
of sevreal ones on the order of 3% .

Cheers,
Heiko