  Hi Alessandra,

  Yeah, I remember running across this a long time ago (the binary used
at SLAC on sun and on my machine actually comes from Tex, of all things). I
thought Andy was going to change it to get rid of this funny dependency,
but perhaps it fell through the cracks. Andy?

                                   Pete

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 03:35:46PM +0100, Alessandra Forti wrote:
> ok I'll do that for now.
>
> thanks
>
> cheers
> alessandra
>
> Yannick Patois wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Alessandra Forti a écrit :
> >> StartXDR requires a binary called "access".
> >> can anybody enlighten me on what it is?
> >
> > Seems that it just return if a file exists or not.
> >
> > I couldnt found anything close to that anywhere and created this:
> >
> > $ cat /usr/local/bin/access
> > #!/bin/bash
> >
> > dir=$2
> >
> > touch $dir/toto
> > out=$?
> > rm $dir/toto
> > exit $out
> >
> > Pretty primitive, but will likely works for what we use it for.
> >
> > 	Yannick
>
> --
> * Dr Alessandra Forti			  *
> * Technical Coordinator - NorthGrid Tier2 *
> * http://www.hep.man.ac.uk/u/aforti	  *

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland