it looks to me that some fits produce surprisingly large or small
error bars which could hide the actual dependence of the double
ratios.

In any case, it is interesting to see that

1. (signal/peaking)_DATA/(signal/peaking_MC) signal enhanced look
   more or less flat in the first bins suggesting that one might
   take the MC values at higher mX

2. (signal/peaking)_DATA/(signal/peaking_MC) signal depleted look
   also more or less flat, however, only for larger mX values.
   This would support that one can take the MC values at higher
   mX values from MC.
   However, I do not understand why it does not work at smaller mX.

3. For comb.BG/peakingBG the results are not conclusive.
   The points around at the D/D* mass spoil somehow the picture.
   Otherwise the double-ratios also show not too large variations.

We need to be sure that all the fits make sense.

Cheers,
Heiko