Hi Andy,

  as I said, I did not touch it, even because at the moment there is no
support/interface for the vectored reads (except for the patch sent by
Leandro, which I will sort out now).
  Hence for now there are no compatibility problems I suppose...

  Anyway I did not propose to change the length of the trailing 32 bits.
In fact, my proposal had the purpose of keeping the compatibility, not
breaking it...
  I proposed to keep the dlen field exactly as it is (32 bits which
specify the length of the subsequent chunk, like any other request) and
move everything else (flags+path+prqlist) to the data part (which is not
part of the header) of the request. Please note that breaking that field
will require to define an exception to the general rule behind the protocol.

  IMHO this is more coherent, but, again, I have no problems.

  Right now the choice for the prqlist is not important to me. What I am
waiting for is the kxr_bind server side implementation. The low level
multistream code seems fine now at the client side, but I cannot go
further until the server implements kxr_bind. Please refer to my
proposal for that, and tell me if something has to be changed.

  ah, I was forgetting:

  every parallel stream (not the main one) initializes in this way:

  - connection
  - handshake
  - kxr_bind to the session of the main login stream

note that XrdClient fires the parallel streams after the successful
kxr_open (hence, the multistream init is parallelized inside the
parallel open mechanism!!)

Ciao ciao
Fabrizio