  just some things to say:

xrootd with the current set of plugins is not supposed to schedule jobs
by itself, since it is a data access clusterizable server

I don't know your requirements, but if you only have to submit your jobs
near to the data they need, you can query a cluster (even spread through
WANs) for the location of the data, and then take your scheduling decision.

Depending on your needed throughpout and data patterns, you can access
data which is not local, with good (or very good) performance, which can
be much better than with other data access prptocols. Also, the next
versions of xrootd will be more powerful from this point of view, since
we are planning to implement multistream xfers.

I just said that with the current set of plugins you cannot submit
anything through xrootd, but you can only use the responses as an advice
to submit your job. But somebody which is interested could write some
other plugins in order to do other things instead of simply
reading/writing to a file. Andy could be more specific to this if you
are interested.

Fabrizio