I installed dCache 1.6.6-5 on sysdev16 and griddev10. sysdev16 is a
admin node with one disk pool. griddev10 is a pool node with two disk
pools.

If you want to see what is in dcache, do the following NFS mount on a
machine (or login on to my desktop zeus, which already has the NFS mount)

sudo -s
mount -o intr,rw,noac,hard,nfsvers=2 sysdev16:/pnfs \
                                      /pnfs/slac.stanford.edu

ls -l /pnfs/slac.stanford.edu/data

Note that the dcache pnfs filesystem is a simulated NFS filesystem. In
general, unix commands operate on directory level can be used on /pnfs
filesystem.The actual IO commands should not be used. For detail, see
http://www.atlasgrid.bnl.gov/dcache/manuals/pnfs_unixcommands.html

To read/write a file in dcache/pnfs, use dccp:

/afs/slac/package/dcache/dcap/bin/dccp your_file \
                           /pnfs/slac.stanford.edu/data/your_file
(it your have NFS mounted)

or
/afs/slac/package/dcache/dcap/bin/dccp your_file \
           dcap://sysdev16//pnfs/slac.stanford.edu/data/your_file
(if NFS isn't there)

Access from outside of SLAC isn't supported at this time. These types of
access (gsiDCap, gridFTP, srm) use grid-authenticated protocols, and
sysdev16 doesn't have a host certificate yet (I just requested one).

So far HPSS isn't supported. Also, disk pools only have ~ 7 GB free space.

--
Wei Yang  |  [log in to unmask]  |  650-926-3338(O)