Hi Wolfgang,

> [snip]
>
> > after the mES fit... compare the number of data events (quite similar)
> > and the number of Vcb events (quite different). As far as I know there is
> > no SP5/SP6 weight on the generic MC.
>
> Shouldn't be.

I think we all agree on that... yet we see it, so we should figure this
out.

> > In the case that we think
> > efficiencies might be sensitive to the run period, this looks like a
> > potential problem, doesn't it?
>
> The Breco efficiency depends on the run period, I think. At least it
> will be different between Run1/2 and Run4.
>
> > And taking Run 3 into account, this looks
> > even worse.
>
> What do you mean by worse? How do you do this? In general there is one
> problem with the signal MC splitted up into SP5/SP6. SP5 is always
> Run1/2/3. Only the generic comes by each Runperiod seperately.
> I can split up the signal MC also, if this is needed for better
> comparisions.

For the results I gave I simply used Run1+2 together with the full SP5 MC
and Run4 together with SP6 (I think, I just used to -Run12 and -Run4
flags). And you could see that compared to the ratio of data events in the
first bin, we see much less SP5 Vcb MC in the first bin than SP6 Vcb MC.
And we did not even use Run1-3, but only Run1+2 (so adding Run3 would make
this comparison look even worse, i.e. it would make the SP5 look "even
more too few events"). That's all I meant by "worse".