> I agree we cannot correct SP5 to look like SP6. However, by determining
> separate correction factors we definitely get a better data-MC agreement
> and get confidence that the fit is working OK. Here are the errors on
> the correction factors:
>
> Entire sample (Run1-4, SP5+6):
>
> Chi Square of the Fit = 4.48376
> NDOF = 7
> ratio other/vcb  =  0.60 +- 0.07
> Vcb comp = 0.188267 +- 0.00631457
> Oth comp = 0.113042 +- 0.0125698
>

> This is what Kerstin got on separate samples:

> A couple of warnings
>
> 1) I previously run the fits WITHOUT the B&D reweighting (-b -d flags),
> so I run them again and the ratio on the entire sample went from 0.55 to
> 0.60. I hope Kerstin was more clever than me and run with -b and -d ;-)
I did run with -d -b.

> 2) Wolfgang mentions that the signal has been reweigthed to match the
> Run1+2/Run3+4 luminosity ratios ub data. A point related to this is:
> what happens if you run on Run1+2 or Run4 only?
As long as the magic k numbers are correct, applying the weights to SP5
when running on Run1+2 should not hurt I think, as it only changes the
effective number of events (as most of the other reweightings do), but it
keeps the relative fraction as we want them.

> In this case you should
> not apply any reweighting at all and you should also use different magic
> factors. Did anybody check this?
I did recompute the magic k numbers when we introduced this SP5/SP6
correction. I am sure I did it for the full statistics and I just
crosschecked with my notes that I also recomputed the numbers for the
individual run periods as they are in wfermifile.dat, assuming the SP5 vs.
SP6 reweighting will be done independent of the run flag. So I think
things are used consistently here.

Cheers,
Kerstin