Hi Wolfgang,

> >> A couple of warnings
> >>
> >> 1) I previously run the fits WITHOUT the B&D reweighting (-b -d flags),
> >> so I run them again and the ratio on the entire sample went from 0.55 to
> >> 0.60. I hope Kerstin was more clever than me and run with -b and -d ;-)
> > I did run with -d -b.
> >
> >> 2) Wolfgang mentions that the signal has been reweigthed to match the
> >> Run1+2/Run3+4 luminosity ratios ub data. A point related to this is:
> >> what happens if you run on Run1+2 or Run4 only?
> > As long as the magic k numbers are correct, applying the weights to SP5
> > when running on Run1+2 should not hurt I think, as it only changes the
> > effective number of events (as most of the other reweightings do), but it
> > keeps the relative fraction as we want them.
>
> As Kerstin said, the SP5/SP6 scaling should be save. There is no scaling
> on SP6. The scaling on SP6 will not hurt as the magic k factor is also
> calculated taking the run period into account (I hope).
> >
> >> In this case you should
> >> not apply any reweighting at all and you should also use different magic
> >> factors. Did anybody check this?
> > I did recompute the magic k numbers when we introduced this SP5/SP6
> > correction. I am sure I did it for the full statistics and I just
> > crosschecked with my notes that I also recomputed the numbers for the
> > individual run periods as they are in wfermifile.dat, assuming the SP5 vs.
> > SP6 reweighting will be done independent of the run flag. So I think
> > things are used consistently here.
>
> For the new weights/weight files, the wfermifile is not used any more
> and the magic factor is calculated on the fly. Please check the output
> of the log file. BUT I check the code with Kerstin against her numbers.

Are these the numbers that are computed automatically:
 B0bar -> Xu+ l- nubar + CC = 1.03533
 B- -> Xu0 l- nubar + CC = 1.0335
?

I got these numbers from my logfile for Run1+2. These are actually
different from the numbers I see in the wfermifile for Run1+2 (those are
smaller than 1). Are you saying they should be the same?

Kerstin