Hi Kerstin,

Kerstin Tackmann wrote:
> Hi Concezio,
>
>> if we stay with SP5/6 I think that reweighting the D** wrt D+D*
>> separately for SP5 and SP6 would be the best we can do. But this means
>> that we need to know whether we are analysing SP5 or SP6 events when we
>> build the datasets in VVF, which I am not sure how to do.
>> Using SP8 means a lot of extra work/checks/tunings.
>> However it is not clear to me why when we compute the D** reweighting we
>> get 1 for SP5 and 0.83 for SP6, whereas we get 0.55 for (sp5+sp6). Well,
>> the fit might be just readjusting itself...
> Would we actually want to trust it if it is readjusting by so much?

Well, checking with data would be better but we have to rely on MC here.
  One thing nobody meantioned is the error on this ratios or the ratio
of the D** components to the total background.

And you can see clearly from the numbers that something else is going
on. Otherwise you will not end up with (1+0.83)/0.55. Or is this to naive?

Cheers,

	Wolfgang