From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Selina Li
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 12:01 AM
To: exp-seminar
Cc: physanal-hn
Subject: Today's Experimental Seminar

"Search for Associated Higgs Production with Top Quark Pairs at CDF"

	     	Stan Lai, University of Toronto

Date: Thursday, August 10, 2006
Time: 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Location: Orange Room

The search for the elusive Higgs boson is an important goal for hadron collider experiments.  The Tevatron at Fermilab collides protons with antiprotons at energies of 1.96 TeV and is currently the only collider that has the potential to produce Higgs bosons.  I present the first search at a hadron collider of associated Higgs production with top quark pairs.  Though such a signal has a very small cross section, the final event topology is very distinct, involving four jets originating from b-quarks.  95% C.L. limits are set on the cross section for this process.  This measurement complements other searches for the Higgs boson using different production channels at CDF.

The talk will be posted at:
https://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/meetingmaker/200512/webevent.cgi?cmd=listday&d=10&m=8&y=2006&sb=1&cf=list&cal=cal2