I forgot to say that the limit is not just in the number of job slots.
We are using a NFS server for all OSG related things, including the
scratch space each Panda job will read and write. This scratch space
should be batch nodes' local disk but since most of our batch nodes
don't have enough scratch space, we are using the OSG NFS server for
that. This will not scale.

I got an answer a while ago from Xin Zhao of BNL that each job need >5GB
scratch space. I am not sure where this number came from, and it is an
open ended. But perhaps we should take this into consideration when we
allocate batch slots and buy more machines.

BTW, I redirect some jobs to griddevs. There is 20 running jobs and 23
pending now (LSF jobs). The gatekeeper is quiet so far.

Wei Yang  |  [log in to unmask]  |  650-926-3338(O)