Dear Gerry,

> 	I concur with your concern about the unfortunate tone of this
> article. I hope that it does not represent anything other than the
> opinion of the (somewhat misguided) author. The ILC is about doing
> science in an international collaboration. It is not a mechanism for
> one region to attain dominance in particle physics. But you would not
> know this from the article. I am sorry that it was written with such
> a nationalistic tone.

Thank you for your prompt response that is very helpful in
restoring my confidence in the intention and the spirit of this
enterprise around ILC.

Being patriotic, either at the level of regions or nations,
whether as engineers/scientists or as citizens, is always
something for us to mutually value and respect.

However, being nationalistic is a separate matter, which we all
need to pay attention to and where we all draw a fine yet distinct
line.

Sincerely,

- Nobu Toge (KEK, Accelerator Lab)