Dear Colleagues of the WWS,

    You may have heard that a change in the BDS Baseline is being reviewed by
the GDE CCB.  In short, the change is the following:

   The BDS continues to assume supporting two IRs, but in doing so
   would like to consider both IRs to be configured for 14mrad
   beam crossing angle now as the Baseline. Likewise, both IRs are to
   be located at Z=0 in the common collider hall.

    The 20/2 mr alternative will continue to be studied with R&D.

    The GDE is eager to get comment from the WWS regarding this Baseline change.
The WWS-OC plans to prepare a statement on this change to the GDE CCB.  The MDI Panel
will provide advice on the technical issues.  The concepts will also be solicited by the WWS-OC
for comment.

    The messages below provide further details on this proposal.

         Best regards,

         Jim, Francois, and Hitoshi

James E. Brau
Physics Department