Nobu,

I concur with your concern about the unfortunate tone of this article. I hope that it does not represent anything other than the opinion of the (somewhat misguided) author. The ILC is about doing science in an international collaboration. It is not a mechanism for one region to attain dominance in particle physics. But you would not know this from the article. I am sorry that it was written with such a nationalistic tone.

Gerry