Hi Antonio, I seem to be having problems when it come to getting the
correct parameters for data depleted. I'm using Concezio's VVF-tag
(cb-060801). I have been able to get numbers for the MC enriched and
depleted, which you can have a look at on my webpage
(http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~clarke1/protected/web/IP.html).
The problem is, if I use the same instructions for data as I do for MC the
following error is observed:

RooRealVar::setRange(mes) new range named 'bmesint' created with bounds
[5.27,5.292]
USING CUTS mes> 5.22 && mx > 0.000000 && mx < 1.550000 && q2 > -999.000000
&& q2 < 300.000000 && lepYaSe>0 && ksele != 0 && intpur > 0.100000
Number of entries in dataset: 1244
scalefactor= 0.284083
WARNING ar NOT FOUND in param.txt
Error: illegal pointer to class object argpar 0x0 791  FILE:fittest.C
LINE:557
*** Interpreter error recovered ***

What I have done is
./submit.pl -data -bkg -lepcut -depl -dumppar -intpur 0.1 -mxl -30 -mxh 30
putting these restant parameters into a .txt file
then
./submit.pl -data -sig -lepcut -depl -dumppar -intpur 0.1 -mxl -30 -mxh 30
putting these restant parameters into the same .txt file

BTW the above both produce the same results, i.e., the flags, -sig and
-bkg in conjuction with -data have no effect.
Then using the .txt file like so
./submit.pl -data -all -allcut -depl -intpur 0.1 -parfile param.txt -scanmx
and then I get the above error.

Curiously, I have been able to get results for data depleted using the
same paramters file (paramIP.txt) that I used for the MC studies and I was
also able to get results using the parameters_DATA.txt file (having set
fixed the values you mentioned below).

Cheers, C.C.