Hi Antonio,

maybe this is not too surprising after all since the first bin
contains the largest fraction of the signal.

Now, that I'm thinking of it: there is a fit function which
would avoid the problem of becoming negative, but which would
nevertheless give probably a reasonable fit to the correction
factors: a Gaussian.

Cheers,
Heiko