Hi Francesca,

this is my interpretation. We know from Chukwudi's purity study
that S/P goes up with tighter cuts on purity. And we have argued
to go to Thorsten's model because of problems in our signal yield.

So, the original fit model is expected to have a problem at smaller
purity cuts and it is expected to have less problems at higher purity
cuts as it is likely that the Crystal Ball is able to take into
account the tails from the peaking BG.

I do not interprete these numbers as a proof though because what is
missing is the study on MC which is necessary to see that the bias
with the old model becomes resonably small with the original model.
In addition, we need to check all MES fits by eye.

Cheers,
Heiko