I tend to disagree with this interpretation:
The functional dependence seems to stay the same.

The fact that we don't see anymore a peak in the second bin at high IP
cuts is due to the very large error in the first bin. The data seem to
be consistent with having a peak in the second bin, although one can
only claim the one or the other interpretation if the uncorrelated errors
are taken in to account.

I could also argue that we don't have a peak in the second bin also for
small IP but an unlucky downward statistical fluctuation in the first bin.

Fact is that this peak-like structure influences our capability to
parametrize the functional dependence of our (S/P) fix. In this sense
higher IP cuts could help us but we need to see the trade-off between
simplification and higher statistical errors in the individual bins.

Cheers,
Heiko