Jean-Yves Nief wrote:
 > hello Fabrizio,
 >
 >             yes I was interested of ssh tunnel  usage through the
 > redirector.
 > but ssh tunnelling to a Xrootd data server has already been used
 > successfully so far by an experiment (for some remote interactive
 > analysis in ROOT where performances are not an issue in their case).

  Well, in that case you have to setup many static tunnels and be sure
that they do not go away. In this case you can use only 1 tunnel for
everything, since it is managed by using the socks4 protocol.

 > so it would be good to also use that in the ROOT framework. But I guess
 > that recompiling the XTNetFile library would not be enough in that case
 > as there are these extra options to give in the case of the xrd copy you
 > give below.

  Yes, at this point you can use only xrdcp, the test program and the
command line interface. But the additions to TXNetFile are quite
trivial, I hope they will be in root quite soon.

Fabrizio