Hi Tim,

Adye, TJ (Tim) wrote:
> Hi Fabrizio,
>
> Yes, this is very interesting. We have been investigating the use of the
> xrootd proxy as another way to access data remotely from SLAC. Using ssh
> seems to have the advantage of not requiring any extra infrastructure,
> but only works for xrdcp (at the moment) and requires specific user
> setup. Anything else? Have you made any performance comparisons?

  Well, the only setup which is needed is to specify the value of two
variables in the env of XrdClient (not the shell's one!) , which can be
done via command line. The tunnel itself can be established by another
user, and one should be sufficient for many connections.
  I am making performance comparisons right now, as well as debugging
under high load.

Fabrizio