Hi Fabrizio,

Yes, this is very interesting. We have been investigating the use of the
xrootd proxy as another way to access data remotely from SLAC. Using ssh
seems to have the advantage of not requiring any extra infrastructure,
but only works for xrdcp (at the moment) and requires specific user
setup. Anything else? Have you made any performance comparisons?

Thanks,
Tim.