Dear ILC community,

I am forwarding the attached bulletin #1 of the upcoming ILC Detector Test Beam Workshop from the local organizing committee chair, Youngkee Kim.  I hope to see many of you at the workshop!

Cheers,

Jae

==============  Attached message ============================

Dear colleague,

The physics program at the International Linear Collider (ILC)
places stringent requirements on the performance of the collider
detectors.  To date many of the required performance specifications
have never been achieved.  Furthermore, the availability of test
beam facilities worldwide is becoming scarce.

In this context, we are planning the ILC Detector Test Beam Workshop
at Fermilab, Illinois, USA on January 17-19, 2007.  This workshop will
assess the current and future needs for test beams for the ILC detector
R&D program, and provide input to facility managers and users, and
to the World-Wide Study group for the development of a road map.

At this workshop detector and simulation experts will describe and
discuss the necessary ILC detector R&D program in view of its need for
test beams. Test beam facility managers will describe the current and
future test beam facilities and their availability. The workshop will provide
an opportunity to evaluate the capabilities and shortcomings of existing
facilities in the context of planned test beam activities.

On behalf of the organizing committee we would like to ask you to
inform your colleagues of the date and venue of the workshop and
invite you to attend the workshop in person.  If you are interested in
contributing to the workshop by suggesting topics, speakers or
presentations, please contact the co-chairs of the program committee -
Jae Yu ([log in to unmask]) or Felix Sefkow ([log in to unmask]).

More information, including registration for the workshop is available at

https://conferences.fnal.gov/IDTB07

Looking forward to your participation,
Y.K. Kim, chair of the Local Organizing Committee.