Hi Fabrizio,

   you could make the options to xrdcp a bit more friendly. How about:

xrdcp -D 8080 root://kanolb-a.slac.stanford.edu//store/SP/R14/000993/run4/14
.4.0c/SP_000993_002423.02E.root ~fabrizio/

-DISocks4Port is a bit long and for the host you can default to the
localhost to avoid specifying -DSSocks4Server.

Anyway it should be simple to pass these extra options to TXNetFile.

Cheers, Fons.

--
Org:    CERN, European Laboratory for Particle Physics.
Mail:   1211 Geneve 23, Switzerland