ATLAS SCCS Planning 24Jan2007
-----------------------------

  9am, SCCS Conf Rm A, to call in +1 510 665 5437, press 1,
3935#

Present: Wei, Bill, Chuck, JohnB, Stephen, Booker

Agenda:

1. DQ2 Status/Web Proxy

    Moved the dataset to another disk to make 1.2TB free.
Will not have
    any problem replicating 10% of the AOD. Test went fine,
all test
    data was copied.

2. Tier-2 Hardware

    Getting a new set of quotes and where the power will come
    from. Will make one of the file servers a priority. Would
like to
    put xrootd onto it. BaBar has just changed from being Sun
    be a Thumper box, 24TB in one shelf with AMD processors.
It runs
    Solaris x86. Perhaps we should go with what most places
will have
    in case we need to run Grid software on it in the future,
which
    would be a x86 Linux box. Some sites do use IBRIX or
panasas which
    would mean though couldn't be running grid software on
the file
    servers. Disadvantages of using Linux on the Thumper box
is that we
    would need to reformat the file systems and use software
RAID.

    Will be trying to get the order out in the next week.

3. HPSS/gsiftp/xrootd

    Either it will be fairly quick and simple or a lot of
work to get
    the gsiftp gateway working. Have been looking at the
POSIX
    interface, looks like you can just slip that underneath
with
    dynamic libraries. IF that doesn't work can try compiling
gsiftp
    statically with the xrootd libraries. If we need to write
a backend
    that is a lot more work as the documentation seems to be
    nonexistent. griddev18,19,20 are setup for testing. Can
try
    starting a gsiftp server on there with the xrootd POSIX
    library. Should be able to do that by the end of the
week.

    Wei at one point had a module for SRB, so that might be
useful to
    see if we do need to develop a full backend.

    Believe the environment is used to determine which server
the POSIX
    interface will talk to.

4. US ATLAS Tier-2 Meeting at UCSD

    Not sure who is organising this but was a rumour it was
    SLAC. Stephen will check with Jim Shank.

5. AOB

Action Items:
-------------

070124 Stephen	Check with Jim Shank

070117 Stephen  Email Wei archived dataset at SLAC for
moving
        070124 Didn't do it but Wei figure it out.

061108 Richard	Discuss with SLAC Security longterm approach
to ATLAS VO
        061115 No information.
        061213 Nothing happened yet.
        070103 No information.
        070110 Richard & BobC in Denver, Stephen will email them.
        070124 Don't know the status.