ATLAS SCCS Planning 10Jan2007
-----------------------------

  9am, SCCS Conf Rm A, to call in +1 510 665 5437, press 1, 3935#

Present: JohnB, Stephen, Wei, Randy, Booker

Agenda:

1. DQ2 Status/Web Proxy

    Nothing since last week.

    There is a request that all Tier-2s get a copy all AOD for the
    latest simulation production. Probably not enough disk space to
    keep it all in the existing disk space and keep production
    running. Expect this to start happen in February. May need to get
    tape system in use by then. Should get from production folk an
    estimate of the needed space nearer the time.

2  Tier-2 Hardware

    Not sure what was done before Christmas. Need to make sure we have
    power. Many high priority needs also competing with ATLAS Tier-2
    hardware for power.

3. HPSS/gsiftp/xrootd

    Want to allow xrootd to be used locally (and eventually over the
    WAN) for data access while also fitting in the ATLAS model for data
    import and export.

    Booker should talk to AndyH about what is needed to help make this
    happen. There is a pluggable system of deciding what backend store
    you want to use for SRM, might be a way forward. Need to understand
    how easy/hard that is to do. This would be a stop-gap measure and
    not a complete solution.

    Another option is that there is a plug-in module for gsiftp to talk
    to the backend storage. It is available for Unix file system, HPSS
    and some other systems but not xrootd. xrootd has a posix interface
    so perhaps we can make it talk to xrootd via the unix file
    system.

    There should be a meeting, hopefully tomorrow afternoon, to talk
    about this to see what would work. Will draft options at the
    meeting for circulation.

4. AOB

    Gordon Watts will be at SLAC next week Tuesday and Wednesday. Will
    organise a tour for him.

Action Items:
-------------

061213 Booker	Talk to AndyH (and others) about moving SRM interface forward
        070103 Can plug in a gsiftp module for HPSS 6.2, DPM and
 	      dCache. Wei told AndyH but sure if it is useful. We are
 	      running HPSS 5.1 though.
        070110 Will have a meeting tomorrow afternoon

061108 Richard	Discuss with SLAC Security longterm approach to ATLAS VO
        061115 No information.
        061213 Nothing happened yet.
        070103 No information.
        070110 Richard & BobC in Denver, Stephen will email them.