 was a very pleasant contest between reasonably matched sides. It got going a little late and was only 7 or eight a side but soon additional players arrived and the field expanded. I'm not good at keeping accurate track of the score but I believe the blue side had a slight advantage in that regard. I remember a couple of fast strikes by Chukwudi for the blues and some nice plays including a sneaky assist by Craig.

I played the entire game in goal for the blues as I am still nursing a badly sprained knee. The yellows attacked regulary crossing the ball back and forth between Paul and Chuy and a bang-bang play with Chuy finishing was one I recall as dizzying and unstoppable.

No sooner had there been a few calls for last goal when Gerry bicycle kicked a loose ball in from about 6 yards out for the yellows. It was powerful, perfectly placed and a perfect ending.

A few beers were quaffed but Jeff ran off rather soon with his homebrew (I think he has sick kids at home) and I didn't get a chance to sample it. I hade a few samples from the "Beer of the Month Club."

My knee is worse today so I don't know if I will be playing Friday. I will bring the pinnies and a few beers anyhow.