I added some plots and numbers from looking at Sasha's mES
corrections here:
http://costard.lbl.gov/~kerstin/vubunf/ana32/mes/mes.html
(there is also a link to Sasha's study).

What Sasha's code does is to take the measured mES value and
run number and provide a corrected mES value. You can see that
this shifts the mean value of the peak and that the distribution
gets a bit smoother (also on Run1-4) and the fits get better.

This correction just corrects the mES value, it does not change
the kinematics of the signal side or anything like that.

This seems to give us a nice improvement and I think it would
be worth to use it. Maybe the best would be to include this
into VVF, since it can be used at ntuple level and we could
just have a flag to turn it on/off. I'll give it a try.

Cheers,
Kerstin