Dear Colleagues,

The SiD Concept Study will hold a workshop at Fermilab on April 9 - 11, 2007. Everyone participating in the concept study, and those interested in learning more about SiD are welcome to attend and urged to register.

The primary goals of the workshop are to review the status of SiD software tools, define the SiD R&D plans, and discuss the necessary steps to work towards optimizing SiD and the SiD Conceptual Design Report.

The workshop will start after lunch on Monday, with parallel meetings devoted to the detector  subsystems followed by opening plenary talks late afternoon. The Plenary session Tuesday will summarize performance needed, benchmarking, calorimetry design studies, and software status and plans. More subsystem status and performance studies will reviewed on Wednesday.

The program can be seen at   http://ilc.fnal.gov/detector/rd/sid/sid07.htm .  Registration is now up and running on the website as well (apologies to those of you who attempted registering before this was ready.)

Those wishing to present material at the parallel sessions should be in touch with the appropriate SiD subgroup leaders. See  http://www-sid.slac.stanford.edu/

On behalf of the SiD Group, we invite you to attend, and ask that you inform any of your colleagues who may be interested about the workshop. And please, REGISTER! A good head count will help our planning.

Hoping to see you at Fermilab in April,

Harry Weerts and John Jaros
for the SiD Concept Study

P.S. Sorry if this message appears more than once in your inbox.