At yesterday's meeting, Len Moss had some important suggestions about
AFS volume layout for ATLAS group space. It will effect the performance
in the future. Len mentioned that Babar had a painful experience of
re-organize their AFS layout at a later time. I hope it is not too late
for ATLAS.

I would like to propose a brief meeting, maybe in the first/last 20-30
minutes during one of our regular ATLAS-SCCS meetings, to discuss what
is the best practice to organize ATLAS group volumes. Here is a short
list of things I can think of:

1) Babar's experience (in AFS layout) to prevent hard hitting of AFS
servers when hundreds of jobs start at the same time

2) What is the current ATLAS Atlas volume layout

Len and Renata will attend this discussion. I hope that either Charlie
or Stephen will present. And since Zach is installing ATLAS releases,
maybe Zach is interested?

Our regular ATLAS-SCCS meeting is Wednesday 9-10am PDT. People can dial
in as well.

Please let me know what you think and we can decide the date.

P.S. There is also a AFS & Kerberos Best Practices Workshop in May 7-11
at SLAC. It is mostly for administrators but it does include tutorial
sessions at the beginning.

http://www.pmw.org/afsbpw07

--
Wei Yang  |  [log in to unmask]  |  650-926-3338(O)