-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jim Brau
Sent: 10 April 2007 14:51
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: The Roadmap for ILC Detectors

Dear Colleague,

We think that it is important and useful to draw your attention
on some recent issues about the future of detector activities on
ILC. These issues were publicly debated during the ILC ACFA meeting
in Beijing. The roadmap drafted by the WWS-OC and the reactions they
have triggered in these debates were presented at ILCSC, the
international body which is surveying the WWS activities.
You will find an attached document sent to the co-Chairs of the
WWS International Organizing Committee by the chairman of ILCSC.
In this document ILCSC is urging us to keep pace with the
accelerator schedule which means producing Engineering Design
Reports for two detectors by 2010. To achieve this goal, the
WWS co-chairs have started regular meetings with representatives
of the four concepts and intend to present conclusions
during LCWS07 in DESY.

Best regards,

The WWS co-chairs,

Jim Brau, Hitoshi Yamamoto and Francois Richard

--
James E. Brau
Physics Department